Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey

Wednesday 25 January 2012.


Stolen AwayPublished: 17th January 2012
Publisher: Walker Children's 
ISBN: 0802721893


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Goodreads Blurb
For seventeen years, Eloise Hart had no idea the world of Faery even existed. Now she has been abducted and trapped in the Rath of Lord Strahan, King of Faery. Strahan was only meant to rule for seven years, as Faery tradition dictates, and then give up his crown to another. But he won't comply, and now chaos threatens both worlds.


The only one who can break his stranglehold on the Faery court is his wife. . . Eloise's aunt Antonia. Using Eloise to lure Antonia, Strahan captures his wife, desperate to end the only threat to his reign. Now Eloise must become the rescuer. Together with her best friends Jo and Devin, she must forge alliances with other Fae, including a gorgeous protector named Lucas, and Strahan's mysterious son, Eldric-who may or may not betray them.


My Review
This was an enjoyable enough read. The characters were likeable, not loveable. I didn't have really strong feeling for any of them. From the blurb, the main character would appear to be Eloise, but I felt like there were two equally main characters in Eloise and Jo. The book is written from the POV of both of them. They both have their own experiences with the fae and they both meet a hot guy. Jo and Eldric's relationship is fiery and mysterious and he has to keep it a secret from his father, Strahan, the Faery King. But I felt that the "L" word was used far too soon. It didn't feel to me like what Eloise and Lucas had could even be called a relationship, it was kind of bland, like their characters.


My favourite character was Isadora, the faery. She was tough and quick witted.


At times, I found it confusing. I felt there were too many different family names and Rath names and at times I didn't really know who they were talking about, but I was still able to continue reading without actually knowing.


I didn't like Jo's use of English swear words. I didn't see the need for it and why she did it was never explained.


This is a stand alone novel but I felt that there were unanswered questions when it was finished. We find out Jo and Eldric's future plans at the end but nothing about Eloise and Lucas, or Antonia.


This is not a book that I would recommend and not one that I would read again in the future.

Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |