Matched by Ally Condie

Thursday 29 December 2011.

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I liked this ok but it didn't thrill me in any way. I found it to be quite slow paced and not much excitement or action.


This is a dystopian book about a world that is run by The Society. They decide who you marry, where you live, what you work at and when you die. Most of the decisions are made by The Society.


Cassia attends her matching banquet on the day of her 17th birthday and is surprised when her best friend Xander, turns out to be her match. It seems perfect, they already know each other so well and she already loves him. Until she decides to look at her micro card to see what information it has about Xander and another face appears, Ky Markham.


This book was well written. The world run by The Society was described perfectly so you were really able to picture what it was like to live there. The characters were well written and likeable. But it just wasn't enough for me.


I found it quite a boring read to be honest. There is a romance building up but I couldn't really feel it like you can with some books. I didn't fall in love with anyone in this book. All were likeable, but that was it. None of them stood out for me.


I probably will read the next in the series to find out what happens with Ky but its not one that I will be rushing to get.


Published by: Dutton Juvenile
Date: 30th November 2010
ISBN:  052542364         

2 Comments:

EponaReviews said...

I agree with you. It really didn't do it for me :/ I'm not even going to buy the next book...

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

No, I wouldn't buy it either. I might borrow it....but at this moment in time I have no desire to read it.

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so please feel free to post.

This is an award and tag free blog.

 
Paranormal Pages © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |